Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Breastfeeding

Days to come after Day 3
Totally not very sure how soon I've got my production. I think shud be on the second week.


One day when Chris was out doing errands, & Kiersten was taking her afternoon nap, NOT giving up still, i tried expressing the traditional manual way. But it was all kelam-kabut. Why not... having both hands already occupied, i have to make sure every single precious drop of milk will drip into the bowl. Hard at work & all sweat out, yet not very fulfilling :(


But it was an amazing experience though. Production is coming soon :) even with that few droplets, i still saved it for Kiersten.... for the colostrum sake!


when Chris got home, obviously i was like having a verbal diarrhoe again... told him the whole episode. He obviously had a good laugh! But he had even better news for me, he got me all the GADGET, accessories, & all sorts that i don't even know that those stuff existed... that i might need for milk production... sweet :) He also spent his time in the shop reading up on all products, bought me a rest chair to relax and to breastfeed.... how sweet i thought. For that i'll definitely work on my production! I started using the breast pump ritually, like every two hours. It started off with only 2oz of milk, very encouraging. since i had a mum-friend that mentioned to me once, if i even have 2oz in the beginning, it is a blessing already. Even for the breast pump, i had such bad experience initially.

No comments: